Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Good News!

We just heard today that the building of our 5th wheeler is progressing well and is expected to be finished this Friday. Yay!

It’s booked on the boat departing for New Zealand on 9 June. Although we're very happy to receive this news, I don't think we’ll really breathe easy until we’re actually in it and see for ourselves that everything is exactly as we’re expecting/hoping it to be. It arrives in Auckland on 15 June, and then has to be transported to Mt Maunganui where we’ll pick it up about a week or so later (actual pick-up date is yet to be confirmed). The company at the Mount that we purchased it from need to add some bits and pieces to it and will arrange compliance, etc. for us.

In the factory in Australia . . .

From what I can remember, the guy is standing at the entrance door and the far end will be the bed. It looks as if they may have taken the photo through the back window. This near end is a U-shaped lounge area.

Not at all what Dave’s Rotary friends considered our 5th wheeler might look like! Ha ha! They shared this pic in their club newsletter: [Very funny, guys!]

We've been busy looking for a property to buy (rental investment) here in Taranaki and have finally been successfulour offer has been accepted on a property in Bell Block. We had a couple of unsuccessful offers prior to this one, but our third find is in many ways better than the first two. I’ll post photos after it goes unconditional 19 June and is really ours . . . watch this space!

Friday, 12 May 2017

Still Waiting

Just a short post to let you know we are still not on the road. We’ve had a bit of a setback with our fifth wheeler. Apparently, they were busy building it and then discovered the chassis was warped! They had to order in another chassis, and now we’re not expecting to have our rig finished and delivered to NZ before June. No set date was given, and we’re reluctant to ask for one. We have planned towards a date twice before, and it’s disappointing to have all your plans turn to custard. Actually, I’m sure the company in Mount Maunganui will let us know when it’s left Australia and is on its way. It will be another 2-3 weeks after that before it arrives and everything that needs to be done in NZ is completed. Then we can pick it up.

Needless to say, we’ve had to make some more long-term living arrangements. We're staying in Taranaki with our daughter and her familythey have a detached unit that is perfect. However, I'm reminded why we moved away from this beautiful region… it is soooo cold!

We’re keeping busy with our jobs and open homing on the weekends looking for a rental property to buy.

Hopefully, the next time I post it will be good news! Much more interesting…   :)